Home automation include centralized control of lighting, HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning), appliances, and other systems, to provide improved convenience, comfort, energy efficiency and security.
Home automation for the elderly and disabled can provide increased quality of life for persons who might otherwise require caregivers or institutional care.
An example of a remote monitoring in home automation could be when a smoke detector detects a fire or smoke condition, then all lights in the house will blink to alert any occupants of the house to the possible fire. If the house is equipped with a home theatre, a home automation system can shut down all audio and video components to avoid distractions, or make an audible announcement. The system could also call the home owner on their mobile phone to alert them, or call the fire department or alarm monitoring company.
8 Reasons to Consider Home Automation
- Ease of use – Many tasks that are repetitive in nature can be accomplished automatically or with fewer steps using home automation. Instead of turning off or dimming four different lights when you want to watch a movie, home automation allows you to accomplish this task with one button.
- Boost Your Entertainment Experience – With all the advancement of home automation technology, what you want can, and is often, decided by the amount of money you want to spend.
- Home safety – Many accidents happen in the home because of poor lighting. Home automation can automatically turn lights on in closets, stairways, and other dark places when you enter and decrease the chance of accidentally tripping or running into things.
- Home security – Because security is a big concern for everyone; security is important in this day and age, especially for your family’s protection. Although home security is a priority for everyone, high installation cost or monthly monitoring charges make security systems cost prohibitive for many homeowners. Home automation provides a inexpensive solution to home security.
- Environmental friendly –Home automation products can reduce energy consumption and automatically turn off lights and appliances when they aren’t in use.
- Peace of mind – Never again worry about your Children while you’re away. You can use the home system to send you a text when they get home, let you know if the door is opened once they get home, and if the TV is turned on, what they are watching nd for how long. Furthermore, if you want to look into your home to check in on them, you can pull up your camera system on your smart phone or computer, and visually see your children safe and sound.
- Learning experience for children – Technology is here to stay and the more your children learn about upcoming technology the better prepared they are for the future. Turn your home into a classroom, as your home automation projects become a learning experience for your children.
- Something the whole family can enjoy